modern office
You entertain while we protect your firm

Who needs Business Insurance for Entertainers?

Musicians, clowns, singers, jugglers, and dancers; film, television and video producers; entertainment services providers (businesses that provide lighting, sound, props, costumes etc.); entertainment venues like concert halls, theaters, and family entertainment centers; performing arts businesses like dance troupes, orchestras, and operas; broadcasters; photographers and videographers, event planners – all of the widest range of entertainment businesses need protection against financial losses.

Necessary Insurance for Entertainers.

General Liability. Whether you are musician or video producer – businesses in the entertainment industry need general liability insurance. It protects businesses from third-party claims for bodily injury, property damage or personal and advertising injury. Most businesses will need this coverage to rent a facility, film on a location, or perform work for others.

Business Auto. Covers third-party liability for bodily injury or property damage to others caused by auto accidents. Should include non-owned auto and hired auto liability coverages.

Workers Compensation. Businesses that employ workers may need to purchase workers compensation insurance. In case of an injury, an illness, or death, because of an incident on the job, workers compensation covers medical costs, legal fees, and lost wages due to the injury.

Professional Liability (Errors and Omissions Insurance). Film or video producers need producers’ errors and omissions (E&O) insurance. This coverage provides essential media liability insurance for producers. It covers third-party claims alleging unauthorized use of names, titles, ideas, plots, musical compositions, format, and other. A similar coverage is available for media distributors. It also covers claims based on intentional torts like libel, slander or defamation, and invasion of privacy.

Tenants’ and Users’ Liability Insurance Policy. Many entertainment businesses rent venues for special events. They need liability insurance for the duration of the event, which is often only a day or two. The policy protects a property owner that frequently rents out its facilities to others as well as covers businesses that rent the facility for a short-term event.

Commercial Property Coverages protects entertainers against physical loss or damage to property they own or use.

Equipment Floater. Many businesses in the entertainment industry own or rent equipment that they transport from job to job. Examples are cameras, lights, recording and sound equipment, sets, props, wardrobe, and musical instruments. Moveable items such as these can be insured under an equipment floater. When buying a floater, it is important to ensure that the coverage territory includes all countries where the equipment will be situated.

Negative, Film and Videotape Coverage. This coverage is unique to the entertainment industry and is designed for production companies. It typically covers direct physical loss or damage to raw film or videotape, exposed film (developed or undeveloped), software and related materials used to generate computer images, soundtracks, tapes, and other items by any peril not specifically excluded. Losses insured under Faulty Stock, Camera, and Processing Coverage are not covered.

Faulty Stock, Camera, and Processing Insurance. Also designed for production companies, this coverage applies to the same types of property insured under Negative, Film, and Videotape coverage. However, it covers loss or damage caused by a limited group of perils. These include fogging or the use of faulty materials, faulty sound equipment, faulty development, or faulty processing, or accidental erasure.



Secure your Life’s Hard Work
…with a commercial insurance brokerage provider who understands and will advocate for your needs. Ready to get started? Do not hesitate to send us your questions here for your inquiries about our company and brokerage services. You may also speak with our insurance consultant here for an expert take on the commercial insurance you need.


two businessmen smiling